Listed below are some behavioural issues in dogs which cause owners concern.
- Aggressive/Reactive to other dogs
- Separation related behaviours(see Separation Anxiety Modification Plans)
- Pulling on the lead
- Not coming back when called
- Toileting issues
- Jumping up
- Biting, snapping, growling
- Food and territory aggression
- Unruly behaviour
- Aggressive/Reactive to people
- Self mutilation
- Anxiety and phobias
- Travel sickness and car phobias
- Compulsive behaviours
- Behaviour changes with a new pet arriving
- Behaviour changes with a new person arriving
Understanding what your dog is gaining by carrying out these behaviours is getting half way there. I can help find the reasons and implement the correct training and management regimes for your individual dog. Every dog is different and will respond to different methods of modern day training.
Each dog deserves the chance to gain the best possible outcome and a bespoke assessment and tailored plan will provide this.
These issues can be helped within my one to one behaviour modification plans or one to one training.
Although the dog’s ancestors are indeed the wolves, they have evolved into their own species within our human world and leadership through fear has now been proven not to be the best way in which dogs learn. They look to us for guidance to teach them what are acceptable and not acceptable behaviours and they feel more secure and confident knowing the correct behaviours to choose. Canine psychology is an indepth subject but I will endeavour to help you get inside your dog’s mind.