Behavioural modification plans covers issues such as;
- Lead Reactivity
- Separation Anxiety
- Excessive Barking
- Hype excitability
- Persistent jumping up
With Yes! Good Dog no case is rushed, every dog is unique and deserves the time spent in assessing its individual personality, breed type, health, diet, past experiences and the present situation prior to commencing on any form of behavioural training.
Pre – assessment (This may be advised on initial discussion) – £50.00
Approximately one hour in your own home and surrounding area. (The Pre- assessment is usually only recommended for multi household dogs, where the dynamics of the intra-family dog group can be influencing the behaviours being displayed)
Full Behavioural Modification Plan Cost & Summary
- An In-depth evaluation of your dog’s initial behaviour history questionnaire
- Session preparation for you and your dogs tailored session
- *Main Behavioural Modification session at your home 3-3.5 hours
- Comprehensive Behavioural Modification report regarding your dogs individual plan
- Review Session (This takes place around two – three weeks after your main session at your home again and is covered within your plan cost. Outside the radius of 5 miles an additional home visit will incur costs to cover additional fuel and time allowance. In these cases the session can be successfully covered remotely incurring no extra cost)
- 12 weeks telephone and email support regarding your plan
- Single dog £195.00 (multiple household dogs may incur an additional cost)
*Main session – out of area radius of 15 miles will include an additional fuel charge of £0.45 per mile
From initial contact your dog is my priority, a dog behaviour history questionnaire will be requested to be returned prior to your session(s) At this stage dependent on the issue I may request a vet referral form be completed. Past or present medical problems maybe contributing to the behaviours, these have to be ruled out first prior to the diagnostic and treatment strategy. This form will be supplied to you to be completed by your veterinary if felt necessary.
Want to know more detail?
Within the main session I will travel to your home to fully assess your dog’s behaviours and then the appropriate behaviour modification plan will be advised. On the behavioural modification session we will often take a walk together if the issue requires it and I can observe your dog’s behaviour. I will offer recommendations and demonstrations in how to move forward within the programme. If the situation demands it, such as your dog is showing reactivity or aggression towards people or other dogs I can arrange to assess the behaviour in a controlled set up scenario, this being less stressful for your dog and boosts your own confidence in being able to handle day to day situations. If anyone closely involved with the dog can be present at the session this will keep everyone on the same page! I will not leave until you are happy with moving forward with your dog with the recommendations advised.
Following your appointment, a ‘Behaviour Modification Plan Report’ reiterating the advice will be sent to you which covers all aspects of your session. The plan will also contain a holistic approach for your dog, looking at dietary influences and mental and physical needs to give the best possible outcome for success within your programme and a review session will be arranged for 2-3 weeks afterwards to discuss progress.
Further support in connection with the plan is provided for 12 weeks afterwards by telephone or e-mail communication, your dogs personal psychologist and Follow up sessions can be arranged for Yes! Good Dog clients. Please take a look at previous client’s stories and their experiences Yes! Good Dog Happy Client Stories
“We chose Mandy because she had two rescue dogs that had caused her problems and we could relate to that! We originally got Motzi 18 months ago but when Maisie came along six months ago it became double trouble! Mandy taught us door and lead manners which both dogs picked up straight away. The next step was coping with traffic and aggression towards other dogs. Mandy gave us the tools and training to deal effectively with these situations. We are now confident owners and the dogs relate and react to this in a very positive manner. Diet tips and hierarchy within the pack were also addressed. Both dogs now play happily together and their relationship has improved immensely. We now enjoy our pets and we are in control of them rather than them of us. I cannot thank Mandy enough. Mandy has also given detailed responses and feedback and continues to do so. Extremely good value for money. I cannot recommend Mandy highly enough.”
Alison & Kev – Shirley
Additional Behaviour Plan Benefits for You and Your Dog’s Relationship
- A full written behavioural report will give you an understanding of why the behaviour is happening and offer you methods for change.
- Help and assistance will be given in how to alter behaviours using the advised training and regimes which can then enhance the relationship you have with your dog.
- Learn how to ‘speak dog.’ An insight into what your dog’s body communications and facial expressions mean which will help you understand what is happening in your dog’s mind and what they are trying to tell you.
- Dogs need to learn how to be calm, focused and have an inner confidence to handle all the different challenges of life. Find out how the power of your own inner energy can help influence your dog’s behaviours.
Please give me a call with the details of your particular concerns regarding your dog(s) and I can offer the best options for you to move forward with.