Yes! Good Puppy AcademyPuppy Training - Group Classes in Solihull
Getting the right start for your puppy
Group classes are currently suspended : Please see below for details of our online puppy training classes : Small class size : Experienced online puppy trainer
A great alternative for your puppy’s early training : Make friends with other puppy parents : Active training and discussion
Do something great with your puppy!
After the most important choice of choosing your puppy the next is setting off on the right foot with a great puppy class. Yes! Good Puppy Academy offers a great learning experience for any parent of new puppy in offering your puppy fun and engaged early learning in life skills, and to equip you with the fundamental knowledge to have a great skill set to train your dog through life as well as puppyhood.
Your puppy may be an optimistic character by nature full of bounce and vigor, or possibly more on the pessimistic side a little more wary and conservative about new things. At Yes! Good Puppy Academy we understand every puppy is unique.
I’ve just finished the online puppy training course which was via Zoom, due to Covid and I have to say it was excellent. So professional, easy to follow and the quality of the training was fabulous. My puppy really enjoyed the sessions and took to the training very well and he graduated! I’d highly recommend to anyone with a new puppy
Julia & Bruce – Google review 18th Feb 2021
Yes! Good Puppy Academy offers a force free and positive reward based solution to kick start your puppy’s learning journey, catering for your new puppy’s individual personality and learning style. Whatever your puppy’s character we aim to bring out the best in your puppy through calm, thoughtful and balanced game based training. Academy puppies cannot wait to get into class!
What can you expect:
- Learn all about how to teach your puppy in the kindest and most effective ways
- Basic obedience cues : attention to name, sit, down, stand, come and stay
- How to address normal puppy behaviours such as jumping up, chewing and nipping
- Early loose lead training
- Kind handling
- Initial recall games
- Focus exercises
- New experiences made positive with confidence building games
- Settle training
- Leave it cue
- Q & A time covering a variety of puppy parenting topics
- Comprehensive Puppy Pack – Graduation certificate and rosette
Above all your individual puppy will be catered for. The class size is small giving a great balance of individual attention
“Learning the fun way”
Positive Puppy Five Week Online Course £80.00 – Maximum of Five per Group
Venue: Zoom Online Meet Up’s
*Limited spaces per online class
Course comprises of five weekly sessions
Course commencement dates & times
- 14th January 2021 – Thursday 5.30 – 6.30pm (Fully subscribed)
- 16th January 2021 – Sunday 10.00 – 11.00am (Fully subscribed)
- 25th February 2021 – Thursday 5.30 – 6.30pm (3 places available)
- 28th February 2021 – Sunday 10.00 -11.00am (2 places available)
- 1st April 2021 – Thursday 5.30 – 6.30pm
- 4th April 2021 – Sunday 10.00 -11.00am
- Starting age between 10-20 weeks
- An electronic device that can accept Zoom, ipad or laptop preferable due to the larger screen size
- A cleared area for you to work with your puppy and to be able to position your device so the trainer can see you both clearly . Note: This does not have to be a very large area
- Treat pouch and treats
- Collar and lead
Along with your online training which follows the same criteria as the in-person classes you will receive
- A comprehensive puppy behaviour handbook
- Training help sheets after each session
- Recording for the attended classes
- An emailed certificate & a rosette (posted) to acknowledge you and your puppy’s achievement
- *All five classes must be attended to receive your certificate and rosette
Covid19Yes! Good Dog Group Session Regulations Yes! Good Dog – Covid19 Group Activity Policy Revision 14th September 2020
Highly recommend Mandy and her team, we’ve really enjoyed our first course of puppy classes the boys have learned so much and had loads of fun! Looking forward to Youth Club
Mila with her rosette after graduating from the puppy class! Couldn’t recommend Yes Good Dog enough and can’t wait to sign Mila up for the next stage! Thank you Mandy!
We took our young dog Archie to puppy classes with Mandy and had a fantastic experience.
Every session was great fun and we learnt a lot. Mandy is clearly very knowledgeable and was able to tailor the tasks to suit each dogs needs. We particularly enjoyed the socialisation element in each session (which are monitored so your pup is never out of their depth!), and the opportunity to try new things like low level agility.
We had a great time and I think Archie was sad to graduate!
Thank you Mandy and the team for the last six weeks of Puppy School! Not only did Poppy have a fantastic time with all the other pups but she has learnt lots of the essential commands and really learnt to listen to us. A fab course and would highly recommend for anyone with a new puppy.
This is the second time we have used Yes! Good dog with Mandy. Firstly with our adult dog with a 1 to 1 session and now positive puppy weekly training with our puppy Chester. He has learnt so much! And had fun along the way. Everything taught at puppy class can be used out in the real world which we found very useful. We also loved that training would be altered slightly for each puppy to match their personality type. If we struggled with anything the team were always happy to help us individually until we got there.
The whole experience has been great, always good fun and positive, would highly recommend and looking forward to scent work